Monday, July 25, 2016

One More Jacket, This Time in Purple



On the heel of the yellow linen jacket, I made a new one like I promised I would.  This time, the material is linen-look rather than linen.


This time, I made several more modifiacations to the pattern:

1. straightened the neck edge of collar a little more.
How the original versions were drafted
The modification on neck edge
2. curved in more on the armscythe of front and back.

3. changed the bell curve of sleeve a bit more to fit the new armscythe.

4. slimmed down the sleeve circumference.

5. cut away more on the princess seam on both center front and side front so the curve becomes more fitting for me.



6. Lengthened the jacket by 1 1/2 inch.


The result?  I am so very very happy with the final version. So happy that I used the leftover material and made a matching shift dress that used asymmetrical 3 thread overlock serging  as decoration.







1 comment:

  1. You are amazing! The whole outfit is fantastic. Where do I sign up for your hand-me-down list? ;)

    ReplyDelete