Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Just For the Heck of It

Sometimes, I do things because I simply couldn't help it, even knowing the result isn't going to excite me much.

Proof: this shawl.


I just let my curiosity took over.  In my head, I already knew it would not be nearly as lovely as the Linen shawl I did previously, even though it's the exact same pattern.  But I just had to do it to really see how the FO looks
I used thicker yarn, sports weight, Classic Elite Fresco, which is a wool/alpaca/angora blend, and larger size.

The linen version came out more than I'd hoped because Sparrow the yarn has very subtle pearly sheen, and with the natural color, it looked rather classy.
This one, on the other hand, fun, but kinda like a granny square (without the squares) afghan looking, but not exactly in the retro chic way.  Granny squares are cool, just not wearing it as a delicate shawl. In my opinion, it's not bad, but it's just kinda OK.

Nothing wrong with kinda OK at all, especially if it totally satisfied my curiosity, so I can now move on to next design.







No comments:

Post a Comment