Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Sunday Lace Shawl

I'm simply thrilled to have some time for knitting with the arrival of spring break.  It makes me very happy to have some lone time, away from people, away from dramas. Just me, my yarn, and my TV.  I really do prefer dramas coming from the TV than from people around me.

I started the motif swatching process over a week ago, and after a few tries, coupla rip back and some interruption, I finally got a result that I wanted for my shawl.



The shawl knitting was accompanied by marathon TV binge.  I just found a good series to watch Alpha House.  It's an Amazon original series with John Goodman, pretty funny.  This is a nice one to watch after watching the latest season of House of Cards on Netflix.  Both are about politicians in DC, but totally different tune.

So here is the shawl, in crescent shape.  The motif got stretched out due to the shape of shawl, I was waffling whether I should re-knit it in triangular shape to show off the motif closer to the original swatch, but nah.  I like crescent shape better.  With the motif stretched more sideways, it has more an relaxed feeling, which I do like.  So for now this will stay as a crescent shape shawl.






The yarn was madelinetosh Tosh Merino.  I used about 1.25 skeins.  And US #7 needles.

Now I just have to figure out what to knit next.

No comments:

Post a Comment