Wednesday, November 26, 2014

A Fair Isle Hat



I have been slacking here.
I made this hat.  It was done 2 weeks ago.  I posted it on Ravelry, and Instagram (something new for me and I'm really enjoying following few knitting friends, as well as some dogs, I'm like a doggie stalker on Instagram :)

Lately, I've been on a Fair Isle kick.  I did the Colors for a Cloudy Day, this hat, and I have another cardigan that uses a little Fair Isle too on my needles, but that is currently being interrupted by a little holiday knitting.

Really, I will do my best to keep up the blog.  The semester is almost over.  Even though I feel like I'm clawing my way to the finish line, there is light at the end of the tunnel. And next semester I'm back to teaching my usual number of classes.  So, I shouldn't be so exhausted all time soon, knock on wood.

This hat was knitted with mostly natural dyed, fingering weight yarn.  I gave it to Paul.  Hat is his thing. He definitely wears hat way more than I do.  It's a bit slouchy style, which he usually doesn't like it much because he said he's no hipster.  But he likes this one and sometimes he wears it with ribbing folded up. It's now his new favorite. It's funny that he wears things I knitted for him far more than I ever wear my own.



1 comment:

  1. It's really cute! I think we need to see a picture of it on Paul, though. :)

    ReplyDelete