Yarn: Main Color - Dream in Color Baby, color Strange Harvest.
Contrast Color - Handdyed Alpaca Silk in Grey
Needles: US #5
I finished the last 2 projects of the Ginkgo series.
First the stole. I cast on for this one before I left for the trip to Taiwan, and decided not to bring the half finished project with me for fear of loosing it.
The stole was a super easy knit with knitting on bias. I did have to play a bit to get the leaves to work sideways. The yarn was Dream in Color Baby in color Strange Harvest. In the cake the color looked meh, but it sure was stunningly gorgeous knitted up in lace, very beautifully contrast with the alpaca/silk fingering weight yarn I dyed using logwood grey.
And the finale:
Yarn: Main Color - Malabrigo Worsted, color Parisian Night
Contrast Color - Handdyed Yarn using Rabbit Rubberbrush
Needles: US #6
I know in a previous post I said I wasn't going to make a Ginkgo cardigan, obviously I lied. I made it.
I'd love to make a pattern for it but I'll have to change a few minor things from how I made this one. I knitted it with I-cord on the right front as I went. But I'll probably change it to afterthought I-cord for better finish. I'll also have to rethink a bit about the edge of left front. It does need snap buttons to keep the front lay nicely, I guess that's one purpose of buttons. I used total 4 snaps to keep the front closed. I was hoping the yarn would be stiff enough to make the first leaf in main color stay firmer. But Malabrigo softened up quite a bit after blocking even at this tighter gauge.
The sweater was knitted in reverse St st, in one piece with raglan sleeves. The increase along the raglan line was done in yarn over instead of m1. I decided on this for a better look and to lessen up the bulk look of the sweater.
These two, really, should conclude my Ginkgo series.