Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Typhoon

It is so sad to hear the news about lives lost, people missing in Taiwan after Typhoon. My heart goes out to all the families that are suffering. I don't get much of the Taiwan news here. The only sources I found are on internet. So many lives...

I don't remember Typhoon being this scary when I was young and living in Taiwan. To us kids, it just meant little fun flooding and no school, and hanging out with cousins telling crazy storeis. It has been 27 years since I lived in a Typhoon zone. But I'd lived through the 1989 Loma Prieta Earthquake. I was living in Santa Cruz (the epicenter) at the time, and the Angora fire here at Tahoe coupla years ago. I know how scary and unnerving an event like natural disaster can be. Oh, and I also lived in DC area when 9/11 happened. Events like these really do make one feel so helpless.

I'll keep all the typhoon victims in my thoughts... I hope all the people that are trapped in their remote villages are safe and will be rescued soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment